Can you have two Etsy shops?
Yes, of course.
Opening and managing multiple Etsy shops can be beneficial in many ways, but you need to keep a couple of things in mind:
- Each Etsy seller account can be associated with only one shop, and each account needs a different email address. Meaning that you need to register for a new account with a different email for every additional shop.
- For your seller registration, you can use the same credit card and bank account for both your shops.
- Most browsers do not allow to be signed up to multiple accounts at a time, Etsy included. To manage different accounts, if you don’t want to log in and out every time, you should use different browsers.
- You can have more than two Etsy stores. In fact, you can have as many as you want, as long as you create different accounts. We will look into having three Etsy accounts at the end of this article.
Why should you link two Etsy accounts?
Having multiple Etsy shops allows you to multiply products’ presence, reaching more customers without doubling the effort. You can also test different prices, titles, SEO tactics, and sales strategies on each shop.
But managing two Etsy accounts at a time will be really time-consuming.
- You probably put a lot of effort into setting up your listings, and you don’t want to lose that when migrating products from one shop to another.
- You also have to keep the inventory aligned on both accounts after every sale, to prevent overselling.
- And you need remember to do the same edits on corresponding listings.
- All of this, without considering human errors (which we know, happen a lot).
In the absence of proper automation, you are going to suffer out of this.
Use third-party apps to manage your multi-shop business on Etsy
A good idea is to use third-party apps to do all this for you, like Nembol!
Nembol is an easy listing software and inventory sync tool that allows you to:
- Migrate listings in bulk and sync product updates and stock across two Etsy accounts, automatically.
- Share and sync listings from your two Etsy stores to your e-commerce store on Shopify, WooCommerce, and PrestaShop.
- Share and sync your listings on additional marketplaces, like eBay, Amazon, Shopify.
- Visa versa, populate up to two different Etsy stores with products from your eBay, Shopify, WooCommerce, and Amazon.
- Keep all inventory in sync in real-time
- Edit listings just once for all your channels.
Try Nembol for free: enjoy a 14-day trial
No credit card required
How to migrate products from one Etsy shop to another
Transferring your items to your new Etsy account with Nembol is really simple. Follow this procedure:
- First, connect both your first Etsy account (Etsy 1) and your second one (Etsy 2) to Nembol (see above).
- Let’s say you want to migrate products from Etsy 1 to Etsy 2.
Open Etsy 1’s settings in Nembol and set your “Import from Etsy” preferences;
Open Etsy 2’s settings in Nembol and set your “List to Etsy” preferences;
- Once your channels are both connected, click on the blue Import button next to the Etsy account you want to take the listings from (Etsy 1 in our example)
- Nembol will import your Etsy 1 listings into your Products Tab.
- Select the products you want to publish to Etsy 2 (e.g. all of them)
- Click on the Actions button, and then choose Publish. You will be able to choose the channels where you want the products to be published on.
- Confirm with the Publish button.
Nembol will automatically share your products on the selected channels, including a second Etsy store.
How to sync inventory across two Etsy shops
All you need to do if you want to have your inventory automatically synced on all your channels is to turn ON the Quantity Sync on connected channels. You can do this in each cannel’s settings in Nembol.
Things you must know about syncing two Etsy stores
- Nembol will show you the diverse usernames to distinguish your first and your second Etsy accounts.
- You can similarly log into two eBay accounts and do the same things you do with two Etsy accounts.
- Nembol is a multi-channel listing software. Because each selling channel has its own fields, requirements, and rules, some product detail may not be available on different channels, or you are asked to make some adjustments before publishing a product. Similarly, because Nembol migrates thousands of products in bulk, you may need to adjust some information before listing (for example, shop section, shipping profile, and when an item was made) or after the listing, to ensure your product have the details you want.
Once you associated an Etsy account to Nembol, it cannot be removed by you. The reset can only be done by our Support Team. Contact us using the chat button in the bottom-right corner.
The reason for this is to prevent glitches that happen when accounts get disconnected while products are left listed in Nembol.
Can you have more than two Etsy shops?
Yes, you can have more than two Etsy shops. You can have as many as you want, as long as you keep registering with new emails.
Unfortunately, on Nembol you can currently have up to 2 Etsy accounts active at the same time, and not more.
You can obtain the same result as having 3 Etsy accounts by activating a second Nembol account and logging on it a different combination of Etsy accounts. Like this:
- Subscribe to a second Nembol account with another email address you surely have. We call this Nembol 2.
- On Nembol 1 you have logged your Etsy 1 and Etsy 2 accounts.
- On Nembol 2 you log your Etsy 3 and the needed between your Etsy 1 or 2.
- Now you can transfer listings and sync inventory between 3 Etsy accounts.
Watch out for a correct settings of sync inventory and sync quantity.