How many Shopify stores can I have?
Can you have more than one Shopify store?
The answer is absolutely YES. There is no limit to how many Shopify stores you can have, but one: your time. Before we address this topic, let us have a look at a few things you need to take into account when deciding to open multiple Shopify websites:
- You can have more than one store associated with the same email address.
- If your stores are identical (except for currency and language), you might be eligible for a discount. We suggest contacting Shopify’s support directly and asking for more information.
- You can have multiple domains associated with your store, however, you can have only one primary domain at any given time.
- Every additional store requires additional work (unless you use Nembol to integrate them).
So, in the end, yes, you can have as many Shopify stores as you want – it all depends on your business’ niche and needs.
Why should you have more than one Shopify store?
There are tons of reasons to have multiple, different Shopify stores. Like the octopus with many tentacles, the more stores you have, the more potential customers you can reach.
Reasons for having multiple Shopify websites are:
- You use one store to sell on your domestic market, and one to sell internationally on Shopify.
- You sell different product categories and would like to keep them distinct.
- You are A/B testing different SEO or advertising strategies.
- And many others.
Nevertheless, keep in mind that you can have only as many stores as you can manage. Experienced multichannel sellers know that there are some problems that come along with every new sales channel. We are addressing them in the next paragraph.
How to sync two or more Shopify stores
Multiple Shopify stores may get out of sync
The two main sources of trouble with multiple Shopify stores are:
- Inventory management: one of the biggest issues with multiple Shopify stores is that keeping inventory aligned across two (or even more) stores quickly becomes really confusing. Usually, it leads to inventory misalignment and overselling.
- Order fulfillment: it’s not difficult to imagine how messy it can quickly get when you are receiving multiple orders from different sources and at the same time. You probably already know how hard it is to keep track of all the sales and to adjust the inventory accordingly.
If you’re already aware of what we mean, you’ve come to the point where you should really consider using inventory-management software to avoid a bunch of embarrassing situations. For example, selling twice the same unique item and then having to tell one of your clients that the product is actually not available. You do not want to ruin your store reputation, do you?
How to automatically sync two Shopify stores
To avoid the problems mentioned before, and ease you in your store management, there are third-party apps that help you by keeping your stores aligned automatically and overall improve your Shopify inventory management. One of them is Nembol.
Nembol covers most of the aspects we just saw together:
- Bulk cross-listing
- Multichannel inventory sync
- Centralized product edit
- Order transfer (into your main store)
Nembol integrates with up to 2 Shopify stores, but also Amazon, eBay, Etsy, Facebook, Instagram, WooCommerce, Pinterest, and many more.
Running two Shopify stores with Nembol
Can you have two Shopify stores?
As mentioned above, you can have (and are encouraged to have) two Shopify stores. You can try different positioning, targets, strategies to improve SEO on Shopify, or simply use them to sell different types of products or run a dropshipping business.
However, having multiple Shopify stores requires time and effort. That’s why apps like Nembol can help you manage the multichannel complexity.
Nembol is an inventory sync tool designed to help you manage your multi-channel business and grow your sales.
Specifically, for Shopify, Nembol allows you to:
- Sync inventory on both stores in real-time;
- Automatically align listing edits;
- Import orders into Shopify from the other store (works great when you haveERPs connected to your Shopify backend);
NOTE: As of Jun 8 2023, Shopify policies do not allow listing products from a Shopify store to another Shopify store. However, you can still connect your listings, and sync them.
Additionally, Nembol is used to multi-store management. We also support 2 eBay accounts and 2 Etsy accounts.
Read more: Link and sync multiple eBay accounts
To see a complete list of our channels and their dedicated functions, see all of our integrations.
Quick review of Shopify functions and settings
Here are some of the functions that you can use with Nembol and Shopify.
Inventory Sync for Shopify
Nembol can sync your inventory in real-time on up two Shopify accounts, and all other connected channels.
Edit listings from Shopify
When this function is active, any edit done is Shopify will be pushed to all other connected channels that have “Edits from Nembol” turned ON.
Edit from Nembol
The same applies here too: when this function is active, any edits done in Nembol on in the other Shopify store will be automatically copied on this account.
Transfer orders to Shopify
With this function active, orders placed in other connected channels will be transferred to your Shopify backend.
List to Shopify
Import from Shopify
These settings apply to importing products. You can filter products by Status and Collection, and choose if you want to import descriptions in HTML format.
Try Nembol for free: enjoy a 14-day trial
No credit card required
Important notes and common questions
You can’t have the Edit listings from Shopify active on both your Shopify store
You have to make a choice and decide which Shopify will be your master account. This doesn’t mean that the decision has to be irreversible! If you change your mind, you can substitute the master: simply deactivate the function and re-activate it on the other account.
How can you manually edit your listings, then? Solution: do it in Nembol! Instead of updating your listings in Shopify, manually change prices, titles, and quantities directly in Nembol. It will automatically share the changes across all connected channels.
You can’t transfer orders to both your Shopify stores
The Order Transfer function is available only towards your first Shopify store. Please, let us know if you need it.